Additional Terms for Specific Services
Additional Terms for Specific Services
- You can invite or authorise such number of designated carers (“Carer”) as allowed by the HA from time to time, each of whom shall be an adult “HA Go” member, to assist you to manage your affairs with the HA and view your information, data and records available in your “HA Go” account, such as personal health records. The appointment shall be made through designated means on your “HA Go” account. The scope of power and access rights of a Carer are defined and listed here which may be amended or updated by the HA from time to time. You can revoke the appointment of any Carer at any time on “HA Go”. This also applies to an Account Holder for appointing or revoking Carers for the relevant Minor Member but not to the Minor Member himself/herself.
- Being invited by a “HA Go” member, you can accept to become a Carer of such member or, if the invitation is sent by an Account Holder for appointing Carer for the Minor Member, of such Minor Member through designated means on your “HA Go” account. You will be able to perform tasks for and on behalf of those under your care on “HA Go” and view their certain information, data and records available in their “HA Go” account. You will receive notifications (e.g. appointment reminder) related to those under your care. Your scope of power and access rights as a Carer are defined and listed here which may be amended or updated by the HA from time to time. You can decline to be or withdraw from being a Carer on “HA Go” at any time.
“Managing appointments for others”
- You can access and manage the appointment(s) (including but not limited to the functions of booking, enquiry and/or cancellation) with HA clinics of such specialties as specified on “HA Go” from time to time (“HA Appointment(s)”) for others for whom you are not acting as Carer (the “Others”) using “BookHA” or “Book GOPC”.
- Please ensure that any personal data or appointment information of you or the Others provided by you on “HA Go” are true, correct and accurate. The HA shall not be responsible for any failure to book, enquire about, cancel or attend a HA Appointment due to the provision of false, incorrect or inaccurate personal data or appointment information of a patient.
- You can register and make payment at a Specialist Outpatient Clinic of the HA during such period of time before or after the scheduled appointment as specified on “HA Go” from time to time.
- If you have any query or issue related to the “Pay HA” Service (including unauthorized use or security breach), please notify the HA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your payment instruction is processed, you cannot reverse or revoke it. The HA is not liable for, and has no obligation to recover, any payment by mistake to the wrong or unintended recipient as long as the payment is effected in accordance with your instructions.
- You may be required to pay third party fees. These may include fees payable where your transfer or payment instruction is rejected due to insufficient funds, fees charged by your mobile or Internet network provider, or fees charged by your credit card issuer.
“Medical Fee Assistance App”
- All information related to funding applications (“Applications”) as displayed in the Medical Fee Assistance Application are the records of yours extracted from the relevant systems of the HA as at the time of enquiry, and for reference only. All information relating to the Applications may be updated from time to time, and the latest records of HA shall prevail.
- Only information related to the Applications made within the past three years from the time of your enquiry will be available for viewing and/or uploading of document images as requested.
- After approval of the Applications, the amount of patient contribution, estimated costs of the drugs or items, etc. may be adjusted or changed under different circumstances. The relevant information takes time to be updated in the mobile application.
- For Applications of non-drug items, as the patient contribution may be verified through different administrative procedures according to the circumstances, the relevant information will not be displayed in the mobile application. Please contact the Accounting Department of the hospital concerned for enquiry if necessary.
The Applications may be cancelled under certain circumstances. Please refer to the “Guidance Notes” for details.
(HA internet website > Service Guides > Fees and Charges > Samaritan Fund / Community Care Fund Medical Assistance Programmes > Patient Information Leaflets)
Notifications related to the Applications may be sent to you using push notifications on your mobile with your consent. You can deactivate these notifications at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device but this may affect you to receive the notifications from HA.
- The "Rehab App" enables early rehabilitation to a variety of conditions. You may receive prescribed rehabilitation activities or training via “HA Go”.
- Information on “Rehab App” may be provided and displayed based on your condition and prescribed activities or training are tailor-made for you only. Such information, prescribed activities or training will be shared with your Carer(s) but should not be shared with any other third parties nor be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment for any third parties.
- The drug information contained in “Medication App” may be provided by HA and/or other third parties. The HA gives no express or implied guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of such drug information on “Medication App”.
- “Book GOPC” is one of the means for the public to manage their GOPC appointments. “Book GOPC” would continuously update the quota status, which includes quotas released back to the system upon cancellation of appointment by patients, for the public to make an appointment for consultation services at a HA’s GOPC. The HA gives no express or implied guarantee or warranty that quota must be available on “Book GOPC” for making an appointment at your designated time slot or clinic.
- Your appointment booking via “Book GOPC” will not proceed if you have input your personal information to make an appointment by telephone via the GOPC Telephone Appointment System at the same time.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled GOPC appointment, you are encouraged to cancel your appointment as soon as possible and at least one hour before the scheduled appointment time. The HA reserves the right to suspend or stop providing the services to you on “Book GOPC” if you fail to attend the GOPC appointments booked via “Book GOPC” within such period of time as determined by the HA and you would have to enquire at a HA’s GOPC in person if you would like to make an appointment for GOPC consultation services.
- “TeleHealth” facilitates the provision of medical consultation and services by HA to eligible users who are physically located in Hong Kong via an online platform. At the sole discretion of HA, you may be invited to use “TeleHealth” to attend a video consultation with medical practitioner(s) or healthcare professional(s) of HA.
- Your permissions on sending push notifications to you via “HA Go” and use and access of the camera and microphone on your mobile device shall be necessary to enable your use of certain Services on “TeleHealth”. Please refer to link for further details and terms relating to the services on “TeleHealth”.
- At the time of the video consultation with a medical practitioner or healthcare professional of HA, you must physically be in Hong Kong, or HA shall have the sole discretion to cancel/reschedule your consultation session.
- You are not allowed to take any screen capture, photograph, sound-recording or video of any part of a consultation or any part of the interface of “HA Go” during a consultation, and anyone accompanying you during your consultation are also not allowed to do any of the aforesaid.
- “TeleHealth” does not provide medical emergency services or care for any acute medical conditions and should not be used in cases of emergencies which require immediate medical assistance. If (a) you require emergency medical assistance; or (b) you are or have been experiencing symptoms that would require immediate medical attention, including but not limited to:
- “EasyQ” allows you to view real-time queuing status of (a) designated Specialist Outpatient Clinics on the day of your appointment after you have registered and made payment; (b) Accident and Emergency Departments (A&E) of designated hospitals for 24 hours after you have registered, made payment and been sorted into a priority category under the triage system; and (c) pharmacies of designated hospitals. You are recommended to reserve sufficient time for going to the assigned consultation room or A&E to attend your appointment and/or receive healthcare services, and/or the designated pharmacy to collect your medications.
- “Location Map” facilitates way finding in designated HA hospitals and provides you notifications relating to the services and facilities of such HA hospitals and other health-related information.
- The functions of real-time and voice navigation are available in designated HA hospitals and your permissions to the access to your location data and the audio speaker of your mobile phone shall be necessary.
“HA Go Wi-Fi”
"HA Go Wi-Fi” aims to provide free Wi-Fi service in designated HA premises for your better healthcare experience in implementing our vision of smart hospitals in the new digital era. You may enjoy unlimited free Wi-Fi services in the designated locations of HA premises by installing a setup in your mobile device. For details, please refer to HA Go website.
You are advised to read the Terms and Conditions for using “HA Go Wi-Fi” carefully every time before you use “HA Go Wi-Fi”. No warranty is given that the “HA Go Wi-Fi” will be compatible with your mobile device and related software and the HA shall have no obligation to provide you any technical support in relation to your use of the “HA Go Wi-Fi” service.
- "MyHealth" App aims to facilitate management of your own health and enhance the access to health information and your health records.
- Your permissions to “HA Go” on the use and access of the camera and related photos in the photo album on your mobile device shall be necessary to enable your use of certain features on “MyHealth”.
- You may input your health and fitness data / information into “MyHealth” App. Unless otherwise indicated and except for assessments prescribed to you via “My Assessment” for clinical purposes, such data / information is not intended for clinical use and HA assumes no responsibility to provide any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment based on the data / information inputted by you.
- Health information in the form of multimedia format and e-pamphlets may be provided and displayed in the App based on your condition. Such information will be shared with your Carer(s) but should not be shared with any other third parties nor be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment for any third parties.
- You can access and view selected documents (including Medical Certificates and Attendance Certificates) stored in HA’s system via "MyHealth" App. Such documents shall not be used or relied on for clinical or drug dispensing purposes or for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Such documents are for reference only and cannot replace the original paper documents for specific purpose, with the exception of the Medical Certificates and Attendance Certificates which may be shared by you or, if applicable, your Carer(s) with other parties concerned.
- Unless otherwise indicated and except for assessments prescribed to you via “My Assessment” for clinical purposes, all health data / information inputted by or provided to you in "MyHealth" App shall be for your own reference and record. They will be available for viewing and/or editing for two years. You are reminded to back them up if you wish to.
- “HABOT” aims to provide automated services to answer HA Go related general enquiries based on texts in English and Traditional Chinese only. Texts in other languages or non-textual information should not be inputted in “HABOT”.
- Responses of the HA via “HABOT” are for general reference only and shall not be construed in any way as providing any advice, solicitation or recommendation by the HA. “HABOT” is not a channel for obtaining any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment or complaint lodging, etc. Please contact your doctor and other healthcare professionals or other HA channels as appropriate for such purposes.
- Your conversations with “HABOT”, including any personal information provided by you, may be disclosed to the appropriate persons, including third party service providers of HA which may be located and/or have servers in or outside Hong Kong. The HA has contractual arrangements with such service providers for protection of the personal information but the HA disclaims any liability arising from or in respect of your use of “HABOT”, including the use of the personal information by any third party service providers of the HA or the security of the information.
"HA Personal Record"
- "HA Personal Record" is available to all "HA Go" full members for viewing and updating certain types of your personal information maintained in the relevant HA system. Only selected types of personal information may be updated by you via "HA Go". For certain key personal information, you have to update it at any HA hospital / clinic after presenting your identification document(s) for identity verification.
- You are reminded to provide true, accurate and up-to-date personal information to HA for facilitating continuous patient care and communication.
- "My Pregnancy" aims to facilitate the management of obstetric care and provide pregnancy information. “HA Go” full members who receive obstetric services in HA may use personalised features in the App, such as receiving pregnancy information consistent with your obstetric records in HA.
- The information contained in “My Pregnancy” may be provided by HA and/or other third parties. Such information is for reference only and is not medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in general or for any particular individual case or patient and should not be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The HA gives no express or implied guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of such information.
- While certain information inputted by you in “My Pregnancy" may be shared with HA for reference, other information inputted by you in the App shall be for your own reference and record only and will not be uploaded to HA’s system. Please refer to link for details. You are reminded to back up the information if you wish to.
- DM Care App aims to facilitate management of your own health and enhance the access to health information.
- Health information in the form of text or multimedia format may be provided and displayed in the App. Such information should not be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice.
- You may input your health and self-care data into DM Care App. All health data / information inputted or provided by you in DM Care App shall be for your own reference and record only. Such data is not intended for clinical use and HA assumes no responsibility to provide any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment based on the data inputted by you.
"Medication Delivery Service"
- The medication delivery service aims to facilitate you, after doctor consultations, to have a choice of having your medications delivered to your home or other place as designated by you (except Post Office Box or Mail Room). Such service will cover most addresses in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the New Territories and outlying islands.
- The service is available to HA Go Full Members. If you are a parent of a Minor Member (i.e. an Account Holder) or a Carer, you can also arrange the medication delivery service for and on behalf of the Minor Member or those under your care on HA Go.
- The medication delivery service is subject to daily quota and may not be available if the service quota is full. Please refer to link for details.
- The HA reserves the right not to offer the medication delivery services to you at its sole discretion absolutely, in particular when the medications cannot be delivered via HA’s third party service provider(s) (“Third Party Provider(s)").
- "HA Go" will prefill your delivery address based on HA’s records. You may amend it if necessary provided that it is a valid and acceptable local delivery address within Hong Kong.
- Generally, medications would be delivered by the Third Party Provider(s) within the estimated delivery timeframe as displayed to you in “HA Go” before you place the delivery request. However, that is an estimate for reference only.
- The HA gives no guarantee or warranty that delivery must arrive within the indicated estimated delivery timeframe and cannot guarantee the exact date and time of delivery.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions (e.g. Black Rainstorm or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above) or other unforeseen circumstances (e.g. flooding or road blockage or closure), delivery may be suspended and therefore will take longer than expected.
- As such, the medication delivery service is not suitable for newly prescribed or urgently required medications as the process of delivery takes time. You must refer to the estimated delivery time provided on “HA Go” and ensure you have enough medications on hand so that your treatment will not be affected.
- Please ensure that all Required Information is at all times true, accurate, current and complete. The HA shall not be responsible for any failure to arrange, enquire about or cancel a medication delivery order due to the provision of false, inaccurate, not up-to-date or incomplete information. Only necessary Required Information for the purpose of medication delivery will be shared to the Third Party Provider(s) for the purposes of providing the medication delivery services.
- You are required to present to the courier of the Third Party Provider(s) to scan a valid QR code provided by “HA Go” to acknowledge receipt of medications. Failure to present a valid QR code may result in “Unsuccessful delivery”. Please refer to link for details.
- In case of “Unsuccessful delivery” or if you have missed your delivery for any reason, the Third Party Provider(s) will attempt to contact you again for redelivery arrangement. If they still fail to reach you or if you refuse to accept the delivery, the concerned medications will be returned to the HA and you will have to collect the relevant medications in person from the concerned hospital / clinic or follow up with the concerned hospital / clinic. Any payment already made for the medication delivery service shall not be refunded.
- Upon delivery of the medications, you undertake to check the details on the delivery package and name on the drug label to see if they are correct.
- The HA shall not be liable for any defects in the medications unless you communicate to the HA within the next working day of delivery of the medications. In such instances, the HA’s liability, if so determined, shall be limited to the replacement of the defective medications.
- To the fullest extent as permitted by law, the HA shall not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expenses (whether direct, indirect or consequential) arising from or in respect of any delay, change of delivery time or failure in delivery, if such delay, change or failure is (a) at your request or caused by you; (b) due to the inability or refusal of you (or those present at the delivery address at the time of the attempted delivery) to take delivery; or (c) due to causes beyond the HA’s or the Third Party Provider(s)’ control; or (d) caused by others.
- To the fullest extent as permitted by law, the HA:
(a) makes no statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, in relation to any services provided or rendered by Third Party Provider(s);
(b) does not agree, does not disagree, does not approve and does not endorse any advices, materials or services provided by any Third Party Provider(s);
(c) shall not be responsible in any way for any advices, materials and/or services provided by any Third Party Provider(s);
(d) makes no guarantee whatsoever as to the performance of the services for which the Third Party Provider(s) is/are responsible.
- "Family Touch" aims to keep your Carer(s) informed during your hospitalization at the HA hospitals, by notifying your Carer(s) of your in-patient activities as appropriate.
- If you consent to activate “Family Touch”, notifications will be sent to you and your Carer(s). No further notifications will be sent upon revocation or expiry of your consent. Notifications to a particular Carer can also be deactivated by removing his/her appointment as a Carer.
- All the information as displayed in the notification is extracted from the relevant systems of the HA at the time of the notification, and for reference only. There may be delay between the events and their notifications.