The HA requests you to provide certain personal data in order to access and/or use “HA Go”. Before you furnish any personal data to the HA, please read the Notice.
- The HA developed “HA Go” to provide a portal to users to access and manage patient-related information in the HA and perform certain tasks via mobile devices. Your personal details and information collected and held by the HA will be used for such purposes. This Notice is in addition and without prejudice to any other notice provided to you at any other time you provide personal data to the HA.
- You need to register for an account and become a “HA Go” member in order to use certain Services, in particular those which involve access to and management of personal information within “HA Go”. To use “HA Go” or register an account via “HA Go”, you may be required to provide personal data to the HA as indicated in “HA Go” from time to time which may include name, the identity document information, date of birth and the contact information. All these data are referred to as “Personal Data”.
- Please make sure that the data you provided is accurate and complete. If you fail to provide the HA with the information required or if the information is inaccurate or incomplete, the processing of your account registration or log on process will be affected and may become unsuccessful.
- For certain functionalities in certain Services, we request permission to collect, use and/or access certain features on your mobile device and personal information, including (1) the camera on your mobile device to take and upload photos of the requested information, if applicable, and conduct video conference; (2) the camera or photo album on your mobile device for the account profile and other photos and QR code scanning; (3) the microphone of your mobile device for conferencing and voice typing; (4) the audio speaker of your phone for voice navigation in designated HA hospitals; (5) the calendar on your mobile device to record your appointment(s) and/or training activities in your calendar; (6) your health data in other mobile applications for data consolidation; and (7) data about your location to facilitate making appointment for general out-patient clinic (“GOPC”) close to you and navigation in designated HA hospitals. Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by GPS, IP address and information about things near your mobile device, such as Wi-Fi access points and Bluetooth-enabled devices, etc. The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and account settings. We will not otherwise access or collect any data of your mobile device or stored therein without your permission. You may provide and/or withdraw your permissions to the collection, use and/or access of the aforesaid personal information by “HA Go” at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device but this may affect you to receive certain Service(s).
- With your consent, we may use the push notifications on your mobile device to send you information, e.g. appointment reminder. You can deactivate these notifications at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device but this may affect you to receive certain Service(s).
- The HA will record use of or visits to “HA Go” without collecting any personal identifiable information of users for compiling statistical reports and diagnosing problems with or concerning mobile devices to help the HA improve “HA Go”.
- Please also note that your Personal Data may be made available to appropriate persons:
- in or outside (e.g. third party service providers of the HA) the HA who require it for matters relating to your “HA Go” account creation and the provision of the Services; or
- in any relevant government departments/appropriate authorities when the HA is required to provide it under the relevant legislation for use for the purposes of that legislation.
- In addition to the above, the HA will only use, disclose or transfer the Personal Data you provide via “HA Go” where required by law.
- The HA will obtain your consent before using or disclosing your Personal Data for any other purposes.
- We have implemented various physical, electronic and management measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data you provide via “HA Go”.
- If you wish to access and/or correct your Personal Data, you may do so under Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Please contact the Data Controller, Hospital Authority Head Office during office hours at: Data Protection Unit, Room 529N, 5/F, Hospital Authority Building, 147B, Argyle Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- You may also wish to refer to the Statement on HA's Data Protection Policy and Practice on HA's website.
Previous page: Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
Next page: Additional Terms for Specific Services