The Hospital Authority (“HA”) mobile application “HA Go” is a one-stop mobile application designed for mobile devices. It aims to provide, via different modules, a portal for users to access the HA’s public digital services and manage patient-related information in the HA such as checking appointments made and drugs dispensed by the HA, and to perform tasks such as making payment, managing appointments and setting drug administration schedule (“Services”).
(a) the Use of Services;
(b) the Disclaimer;
(c) Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights;
which are applicable to all Services within “HA Go”; and
(e) Additional Terms for Specific Services, which contain additional terms that are applicable to a particular Service.
- You must follow any policies made available to you. Do not misuse or interfere with the Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that the HA provides. In particular, you agree not to use the Services to:
(a) adversely affect the reputation of or cause any annoyance or inconvenience to the HA or its services providers;
(b) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the HA’s servers, systems, network, or data;
(c) make available viruses or any other computer code, files, programmes or content designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Services or affect other users; or
(d) interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers, systems or networks connected to the Services in any way.
You may use the Services only as permitted by law and regulations. The HA reserves the right to modify, suspend or stop providing the Services to you:
(b) if the HA is investigating suspected misconduct;
(c) if the HA is aware of or suspecting a breach of security or other suspicious circumstances relating to the use of “HA Go”;
(d) if the HA is carrying out any maintenance (whether scheduled or not) of “HA Go”; or
(e) at any time for any reason as determined by the HA at its sole discretion.
- For query on any medical information on “HA Go”, such as your medication, allergy or rehabilitation, or if you are experiencing any discomfort, such as using the medication or during the rehabilitation exercise, please seek advice from your doctor, pharmacist, therapist or other healthcare professionals.
- HA may allow you to access the publicly available content on “HA Go” or use some of the Services without an account. However, you may need to register your own “HA Go” account in order to use some of the Services, in particular those which involve access to personal information. You cannot register for your own “HA Go” account if you are under the age of 18, but a “HA Go” full member who is a parent of any HA patient under the age of 18 (“Minor”) can register a “HA Go” account for the Minor, which will be a subsidiary account of such “HA Go” full member (“Account Holder”). Each Minor can only have one subsidiary account under one “HA Go” full member. Please refer to link for details. The HA reserves the right to determine from time to time who is eligible to register for a “HA Go” account.
- To become a “HA Go” member, you need to complete the registration and verification processes as instructed to activate your account.
- “HA Go” memberships include Full Member and Minor Member. Please refer to link for more details.
- As a “HA Go” Full Member, you can log on to “HA Go” by:
(a) entering your logon credentials as we request from time to time;
(b) activating biometric credentials (e.g. fingerprint, facial map or any other biometric data) that we may enable for use in “HA Go” (and any other mobile applications that we may support from time to time (for compatible devices only)) for authentication purposes. In order to enable this functionality, your compatible device must:
(i) support the receiving of the relevant biometric credentials;
(ii) have “HA Go” downloaded to it; and
(iii) be enabled for use in “HA Go”
(c) logging in with "iAM Smart" issued by the Government;
(d) logging in with "醫健通eHealth" App issued by the Government; or
(e) any other means that we allow from time to time.
- If you activate the feature that allows you to use your biometric credentials in “HA Go” and to enable the use of such biometric credentials to log on to “HA Go”, you must ensure that only your biometric credentials are registered on the mobile device.
- HA may allow you to access different contents, features or services in accordance with your membership after you log on to your “HA Go” account. Please refer to link for details of the access rights of and features and services available to each type of membership, which may be amended or updated by the HA from time to time without prior notice.
- After completing the registration and verification processes of the Minor Member, the HA Go account of a Minor Member can be accessed via the account of the Account Holder who is a parent of the Minor or by the Minor Member himself/herself if he/she is aged 11 or above and granted access by the Account Holder. The functions provided in the account of a Minor Member and the scope of access by the Account Holder are listed here, and the scope of access by the Minor Member are listed here, all of which may be amended or updated by the HA from time to time. You may approach a HA Go counter in any of the designated HA hospitals for update on changes in the relationship of the Minor Member and the Account Holder or otherwise which may affect the access to the account of the Minor Member.
A Minor Member who reaches the age of 18 and is granted access by his/her Account Holder will be required to, within a year from his/her 18th birthday, follow the confirmation processes for transition of his/her subsidiary account to his/her own “HA Go” account. Upon completion of the account transition, the Minor Member will become a Full Member and can manage his/her own account. The information in the subsidiary account which was inputted by the Minor Member or the Account Holder before the account transition but not uploaded to HA’s system may not be transferred to the Minor Member’s own “HA Go” account. If the Minor Member does not complete the relevant confirmation processes within the specified period, his/her account will expire and neither the Account Holder nor the Minor Member will be able to access any information or record in the subsidiary account of the Account Holder.
Security of your Account
- You are responsible for keeping your mobile device and your “HA Go” account safe and secure. To protect your “HA Go” account, please take all reasonable precautions to keep your mobile device and your security information safe and prevent any unauthorized use. The precautions may include the following:
(a) never write down or otherwise record your security information in a way that can be understood by someone else;
(b) take care to ensure that no one hears or sees your security information when you use it;
(c) ensure that your biometric credentials stored on your mobile device are your own and do not store anyone else’s biometric credentials on your mobile device and that you only use your own biometric credentials to log on to “HA Go”;
(d) do not use facial recognition for authentication purpose if you have an identical twin sibling, in which case you are recommended to use password to log on to “HA Go” instead;
(e) do not take any action to disable any function provided by, and /or agreeing to any setting of, your mobile device that would otherwise compromises the security of the use of your biometric credentials for authentication purposes (e.g. disabling “attention-aware” for facial recognition);
(f) change your security information immediately and tell us as soon as possible if you know, or suspect, that someone else knows your security information;
(g) once you have logged on to “HA Go”, do not leave your mobile device unattended or let anyone else use your mobile device;
(h) log out of “HA Go” once you have finished using the Services, and in particular do not leave “HA Go” running in the background whilst remaining logged in (e.g. whilst multi-tasking, or running other apps).
- You must not use “HA Go” on any device or operating system that has been modified outside the configurations supported or warranted by the mobile device or operating system vendor(s). This includes devices that have been “jail-broken” or “rooted”. A jail broken or rooted device means one that has been freed from the limitations imposed on it by the mobile service provider and the device manufacturer without their approval. The use of “HA Go” feature on a jail broken or rooted device may compromise security and lead to unauthorized or fraudulent accesses. Downloading, accessing and/or using “HA Go” in a jail broken or rooted device is entirely at your own risk and the HA shall not be liable for any losses or any other consequences suffered or incurred by you as a result.
- Except for certain Service(s) indicated below, you must notify us via email at email@example.com promptly of an unauthorized use or security breach of your account. You are responsible for all the activities that happen on or through your account. The HA will regard all use of your account on “HA Go” as being you, except where we have received and acknowledged that your notification to us regarding your account has been compromised.
- Some of the Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content (“user content”). You submit any user content at your own risk. You warrant that any user content you submit is either your original work and not copied from any person or that you have the right to submit it. You shall remain the owner of any intellectual property rights in any such user content.
- You must not post, submit or upload or send any user content which is libellous, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, offensive, discriminatory, pornographic, obscene, or is in any way in breach of the laws of Hong Kong SAR or infringes any intellectual property rights, or is otherwise considered by the HA in its sole discretion to be inappropriate, undesirable or contrary to the HA's policies.
Modification or Termination of the Services
- The HA may from time to time:
(a) change or improve the Services;
(b) add or remove functionalities, modules or features within “HA Go”;
(c) add, change or remove any type of “HA Go” membership scheme; or
(d) add or impose new limits or restrictions to the Services.
- The HA may also in its discretion terminate, suspend or withdraw the provision of “HA Go” (or any part thereof) or a Service at any time without prior notice.
- You may stop using the Services, cancel and delete your “HA Go” account or the “HA Go” account of the Minor to whom you have access at any time.
- The “HA Go” account of a deceased “HA Go” member will be closed by the HA and cannot be accessed afterwards.
- The HA may also notify you of additional terms that may be applicable to you when you download, access and/or use a new Service via the Additional Terms for Specific Services. If there is a conflict or inconsistency between the Use of Services and the additional terms associated with a particular Service as set out in the Additional Terms for Specific Services, the additional terms will prevail.
- Downloading, accessing and/or using “HA Go” will not create any other contractual relationship or any patient relationship between you and the HA. The HA is not obliged to follow up or contact you.